THE GAME: Dodgers vs. Cubs
Two first place teams on a Saturday afternoon in late summer? Hell yes.
NOTES ON THE FOOD:
- I had some leftover chicken from the sandwiches the night before, so I used it to make nachos. Nothing too fancy here, just a few scattered chips with sharp cheddar and pepper jack, chicken, and a little bit more of the Hawaiian sauce.
NOTES ON THE GAME:
- I listened to Vin on the radio for the first three innings, even though it was about 20 seconds ahead of the television broadcast. Whatever, that's a small price to pay.
- When Zastryzny came in to pitch, Vin shared an anecdote about a player with the Padres 35 years ago whose last name was so strange that his nickname was "Eye Chart." I'm really gonna miss Vin.
- I saw Corey Seager a few times in High A ball and he was one of the most impressive players I have ever seen. It's great to see him doing so well as a rookie.
- Of course, the only player I can think of at the moment who looked better to me than Corey was Brandon Wood. Here's hoping Corey has a much better career at the MLB level. (I don't think there's any doubt that he will.)
- Man, I hope we see these teams matched up again in October.