THE GAME: Rams vs. 49ers
I'll be honest - I didn't catch most of the first quarter because I was watching Kyle Hendricks take a no-hitter into the 9th inning against the Cardinals.
NOTES ON THE FOOD:
- If you want the best homemade fries, you have to soak the potatoes in water to remove as much starch as possible. (These were soaked more than 24 hours and the water was changed twice.)
- You then have to let them dry before submerging them in oil.
- I fried them once at 265° for a few minutes, drained off the oil, and let them return to room temperature while covered in a bowl. Later, I fried them for about six minutes at 380°.
- I had thought the champagne ketchup would be gimmicky and overpowering, but it was delicious.
NOTES ON THE GAME:
- The Rams gave up six draft picks to acquire the #1 pick last spring... which they used to draft Jared Goff... who is now #3 on their depth chart. That's a very Rams-like thing to do.
- Colin Kaepernick has been kneeling during the national anthem. I just thought I'd share that with you, since it hasn't been in the news at all.
- Am I the only one who thought it was strange that Chris Berman kept extending his sympathies to the fans in St. Louis for losing their team to Los Angeles... when they took the Rams from Los Angeles in the first place?
- That was an ugly game. The Rams had 185 total yards... and 102 penalty yards. I'm gonna hold off on digging through closets at my parents' house to see if any of my childhood Rams gear is still around.