THE GAME: UCLA vs. Texas A&M
Now it really feels like football is back. No more of these one or two games on a random day; instead we got a full day of great games. I'd intended to wake up early, watch GameDay, and make something special for breakfast, but I slept in. Oh well.
NOTES ON THE FOOD:
- My local butcher shop makes the best meatballs I've ever had. I've had homemade meatballs that people have sworn are "the best in the world" and yes, they've been great, but there really aren't any I prefer to the beef & pork meatballs they make at my butcher.
- I once bought a Kroger-brand Jamaican Jerk wing sauce at Ralph's because it was on sale for 87 cents. It turned out to be one of the best wing sauces I've tasted, so after taking the meatballs out of the over, I rolled them in that.
- To cool the meatballs down, I put a dollop of Bob's Big Boy's blue cheese dressing on top of each.
NOTES ON THE GAME:
- Until Josh Rosen stops throwing off his back foot when he gets pressured, he will never be the great quarterback that everyone has already anointed him.
- UCLA's offensive line is going to be a problem all season.
- I do not remember the last time I saw a college football team drop so many passes. It's too soon to tell if it was just a bad game or if they are going to be a problem as well.
- Am I the only one who thinks the tradition of firing a field gun after every score is stupid?