THE GAME: Panthers vs. Broncos
Normally, I do not watch the Thursday evening NFL games. And the first game of the season barely moves the needle for me most years... but when it's a rematch of Super Bowl teams (the first time that's happened since 1970), I was interested.
NOTES ON THE FOOD:
- When I don't have any pizza dough - which is most of the time - I just use an extra-large flour tortilla (which I always have on hand).
- I made a clone recipe of CPK's teriyaki chicken pizza sauce, topped it with roasted chicken, two kinds of cheese, and cilantro.
- I also threw on the last of my jar of Trader Joe's "Sweet & Spicy Jalapeños." Those things are fantastic and I'm going to TJ's this morning to buy a half-dozen more jars before they inevitably get discontinued.
NOTES ON THE GAME:
- The Broncos quarterback made some awful throws, but did just enough to allow them to win a close game at home. Are we sure that wasn't still Peyton Manning?
- Every season I think Bob Costas can't possibly become any more smug, can he? And then a new season arrives and I realize Yep, he sure can.
- I think it's a pretty safe bet that we won't be seeing a Super Bowl rematch in February