THE GAME: Cubs vs Indians (Game 5)
I was trying to watch three games at once: the above-mentioned, plus the Cowboys vs Eagles and Lakers vs Thunder. But it proved too much to do all at once, so I quickly gave up on the basketball. It's still October, after all.
Then I was watching the World Series on TV and football on my computer, but even that was getting distracting. So I settled on baseball, switching over to football at the commercials.
NOTES ON THE FOOD:
- The fries are supposedly battered with American pale ale. Maybe that's true. Most likely a marketing gimmick. There certainly is no beer flavor once you've fried them.
- Which I did, then topped them with Tillamook cheddar and caramelized onions.
- And then placed them under the broiler until the cheese was melted, about two minutes.
- If you have the ingredients on hand, a homemade Thousand Island is always gonna be better than a bottled version. I like mine with extra amounts of pickles and several slugs of hot sauce.
NOTES ON THE GAME:
- As the series goes on, I definitely find myself pulling for Cleveland, but I certainly wanted to see Chicago win last night, if only because I don't want baseball season to end.
- Lindor's at-bat in the 8th inning, where he struck out looking without once swinging at a pitch, may have been the worst at-bat I've ever seen in the World Series.
- I'm not the biggest Chapman fan - personally or professionally - but that was a damn good performance.
- I still got to catch overtime of the football game, although I did not enjoy it one bit.