THE GAME: Lakers vs Warriors
A relaxing Friday night at home with the suddenly not-excruciating-to-watch Lakers in prime time. I decided to keep things as simple as possible.
NOTES ON THE FOOD:
- The pulled pork was something I'd picked up in a deli a couple of days earlier. Nothing special, though the sauce was delicious.
- The bun was a King's Hawaiian "Deluxe Hamburger Bun."
- Lots of pickles, as you can see.
- And Texas Champagne, one of the best hot sauces in the country.
NOTES ON THE GAME:
- I cannot stress enough how much I enjoy watching this team pass the ball to each other. I counted at least six instances when a Laker had an open look and passed to a teammate who had an even better shot. I don't believe I saw Kobe do that six times in the last 15 years.
- Golden State is an entertaining team when they're making their shots. When they're not, they resemble my friends and I drunkenly playing H-O-R-S-E at 1 in the morning.
- The Lakers starters scored 56; the bench scored 61. That's... pretty fucking cool.
- Everyone went crazy about the Warriors adding Kevin Durant. Not that many people brought up the fact that they lost a LOT of players. They're not nearly as deep nor remotely as tough as the last two years.
- I'm not under any illusions that the Lakers will be winning the West. It would be a surprise if they make the playoffs. But damn it is fun to actually like watching them again now that they don't have to all stand around and watch a no-defense-playing ballhog.